Vintage Motorcycle Expo,
Swap Meet 4/25/2020
April 2020 meeting, last meeting before the NWMC 2020
• 2019 Sold out by mid-March; we were full and out of space. Now the effort turns to getting people to arrive.
• New rules – no free-for-all for entry/exit. Friday is setup day, starting at 9 a.m. (ten for exhibitors). Only chairpersons or exhibitors can enter. Security team will be there Friday night to guard stuff. Two wrist bands for each exhibitor, period.
• Saturday: ticket sales start about 9 a.m.; doors open at 10. Everyone who enters pays $5. Every exhibitor removes what they don’t sell -- no dumpsters for junk.
• Exhibitor bikes can be rolled in on Friday and early Saturday. Show and shine bikes will be provided with an information card for owners to fill in.
• Auction bikes will be sold at 1 p.m. Event ends and move-out begins at 3 p.m.
Northwest Motorcycle Classic: Vintage Motorcycle Expo at the Northwest Washington Fairgrounds, Lynden, WA 98264
Hotel accommodations at bottom of this page. Thank you Gary Anderson for organizing.
All WVM members are required to participate in the NWMC: Expo
Northwest Motorcycle Classic: Vintage Motorcycle Expo 2020: Posters + 8½x11 fliers available to pass out, with registration form on the back. There will be 40-60 vendor spaces available. Move in and move out will have to be followed closely. Must be set up by 9AM on Saturday, April 25, 2020. $5 admission, free parking. Vendor space = $50 per, clubs will get 50% discount, Bike for sale stall = $15 per bike. Bike show $10 per bike.
• Populating the event is key to our success. If you know any shops that do any kind of work on our motors, persuade them to exhibit. RV parking will be available. Will have food trucks on site; no pets allowed. Meet is April 25; move in date April 24.
• Event name is the Northwest Motorcycle Classic. It is a Classic Expo (not just a swap meet). Held at Lynden WA, at the NW Washington Fairgrounds Hagen Exposition building. We are insured etc. Not just Mark Cattarin will be managing the event – all
Members need to be involved. With encouragement from President Bill, the following team signed up:
2019 Motorcycle Classic Management Team:
• Advertising/Marketing Chair: Walt Greenwood
• Food Vendor Chair: Gary Anderson
• Commercial Vendor Chair: Jim McCann, Gene Garland
• Swap Meet/Jumble Chair: Mark Cattarin, Carlo Collodi
• Bike Show/Display Chair: Sam Ingraffia
• Motorcycle Club Chair: Glen Bachman
• Auction Chair: Galen Bliss
• Bike's for Sale Chair: Bob Fullerton
• Admissions Chair-Gate: Dave Alger
• Move In-Set Up Chair: Bill Stevens, Mark Cattarin
• Move Out-Tear Down Chair: Doug Loewen
• Revenue Chair-Treasurer: Shawn Doan
• Web Chair: Steve Chambers
2020 Auction bike:
Terry Barber donated 1970 Benelli Dynamo 65cc Monkey Bike, two stroke for auction at NWMC 2020.
Clean & Buff meetings will be announced for Mark Cattarin’s house: 1400 Marietta Ave., Bellingham. Phone 360-223- 3190
-Everyones contribution will be needed in order for this WVM hosted event to be a success.
-More details about signing up for specific tasks will be available soon.
-Begin contacting other clubs, mechanics, vendors. The goal is to have the 50 spots filled by year 2019 year end.
Thank you for your continued support.
Northwest Motorcycle Classic 2020: Vintage Motorcycle Expo
Vendor Load-In Friday, April 24, 2020. 12:00 PM Noon - 8:00 PM
Vintage display bikes Load-In Saturday, April 25, 2020. 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: Northwest Washington Fairgrounds, Lynden WA 98264
Date: Saturday April 25, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Motorcycle swap meet/jumble
Vintage motorcycle display
Motorcycle parts & accessories
Various motorcycle clubs, riding groups, manufacturer clubs
Before and After complete restoration display
Motorcycle auction: 1970 Benelli Dynamo 65cc Monkey Bike, see flier photo
Buyers & sellers from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Canada
Haggen Expo Building, NW Washington Fairgrounds, Lynden WA 98264
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
$5.00 /person, kids 15 and under Free
FREE parking at Fairgrounds, RV parking available
FOOD vendors on site
Sorry, NO PETS
10’ x 10’ Exhibitor spaces @ $50 each (2 exhibitor entry passes for each stall rented)
Bike stall @ $15 per bike
Bike show/display @ $10 per bike (space limited)
IMPORTANT: Exhibitor move-in Friday, April 26, 2019, 12:00 PM Noon - 8:00 PM
For more info call Mark Cattarin 360-223-3190, or email: email@example.com
Sponsored by WVM Washington Vintage Motorcyclists
2019, Gary Anderson arranged for a WVM group rate at the Holiday Inn Express in Bellingham.
People can call directly to make a reservation at 360-671-4800 or use the link below.
Here's the link to the Holiday Inn reservations website.
Holiday Inn Express
4160 Meridian St.
per Gary Andersen