The Show is a community event run by Sky Valley Chapter; ABATE of Washington on behalf of the citizens of Snohomish and the motorcyclists of Washington. The Show Bikes Are often mechanical marvels that still perform decades after their first ride. We aim to provide a working history of transportation modes and demonstrate an environmental alternative to automobiles. Our exhibitors demonstrate the quality workmanship available in the Puget Sound region, creativity and artistic skill, and industrial design. Through their workmanship we can see engineering developments, such as CNC aluminum billet work and engine performance enhancements, state-of-the-art paint and finish technology
The Show celebrates the history of motorcycling in America and individual expression. It stimulates commerce among local motorcycle-related businesses and educates the public about motorcycle safety issues.
The Show occurs in May because May is Motorcycle Awareness Month, as proclaimed by the governor. By drawing in tourists to our town from all over Washington, BC, Oregon, and Idaho the Show enhances Snohomish's reputation for antique-related activities, provides a positive image of the motorcycling community and encourages family discussions about riding experiences as well as local historical events.
Our primary goals are to:
· Raise public awareness of motorcycles and motorcycle safety
· Hold our show during Motorcycle Awareness Month (May)
· Park motorcycles, safely, downtown for one day for show & tell and education.
· Involve members of community
· Support local community organizations
We also hope to:
· Express our rights of free speech and public assembly.
· Promote tourism.
· Promote local businesses.
· Give back to community.
· Keep admission free for visitors. And participation low cost.
· Express the history of our region through the history of our machines.
*This event has no affiliation with Washington Vintage Motorcyclists and is posted as a public event*